Good Practice Database
This database contains good practice examples on how the accessibility of public space and public transport can be improved, covering all categories of the ISEMOA Quality Management System.
With the help of the search function you can look for examples that are relevant to your interests.
If you just want to know more about good practice examples concerning one or a combination of specific categories (for example 'city' and 'public space') you can click on the desired categories and only examples in these categories will be displayed.
You can also use the fulltext search by typing in keyword(s).
All good practice examples can also be downloaded as pdf files. For a pdf file including all good practice examples, please click here (~15MB).
|Export as PDF|
ISEMOA Good Practice Fact Sheet
|Title in original language||Noul TURSIB - Informare|
|Title in English||New TURSIB - Traveller information|
|Initiator||TURSIB SA & VCDB Dresden|
| Developed by
(one pick only)
|Supported accessibility level||
|Elements of the working process - Preconditions||
|Elements of the working process - Policy||
|Elements of the working process - Strategy||
|Elements of the working process - Implementation||
|Elements of the working process - Monitoring and Evaluation||
|Type of PRM Affected||
|Application Field / Target area - Public Transport - City Bus||
|Application Field / Target area - Public Space - Pedestrian / wheelchair||
|Application Field / Target area - Public Space - Land-use planning||
|Why is it a good practice example?||It aimed at improving public transport based on the implementation of an information system for the travellers, considering the fact that they previously had no information about the service. The result was an increase of 26% in public transport users.|
|Background and Objectives / Aims|| Before the implementation, TURSIB as a public transport company had a bad image. Furthermore, transport improvements have not been implemented for 25 years.
The following measures were identified to improve the image of the public transport company and information for travellers:
- establishment of the logo of TURSIB;
- installation of information panels at big stops;
- installation of stop signs which specify lines and ends of lines (in particular colours TURSIB) in all stations;
- provision of maps in bus stations and ticket kiosks;
- development of a relationship with the local media by providing continuous information about TURSIB;
- establishment of a 'Public Relations' office;
- provision of a free phone line for the travellers;
- set specific colours (yellow and blue) for all TURSIB products;
- buses have been placed in a permanent program of interior and exterior cleaning;
- customised clothing for drivers (shirt and tie)
|Implementation (incl. obstacles, public participation)|| The travel information offered covers the following aspects:
- Brochures available at TURSIB point of ticket sale, which include the following information: circulation programs for public transport, routes, departure times from the ends of lines, maps, rates, advertisements
- 130 files were sent to schools, colleges, universities and manufacturing facilities. Files included: description of new lines, new charges, traffic programs, stops and links to other lines in each station, promotional poster
- Leaflets containing the main information of the project, a representative picture of the project, the transportation plan map, routes for each line, the project start date, pricing, unique subscription benefits, info line, website address - issued in 100,000 copies and distributed as insert in a local newspaper which is distributed to every mailbox in the Sibiu and the main cities near Sibiu
- Indicators in stops with TURSIB logo and specific colours on which are written the line number and the end of the line (to indicate the direction of travel)
- Installation in stops of panels with complete the information given to travellers (map of lines, fares, departure time and sequence of stations for each line)
- Display in each station (214 stations) of the times of each bus passing
- Green Line (phone information)
The "public relations" service is available for travellers and offers the information by phone and in writing in order to respond to all suggestions and complaints. The personnel of the "public relations" service examines complaints and suggestions and make proposals for changes in the transportation plan, accordingly.
|Conclusions (incl. output, analysis of benefits)||Increase in the number of passengers in 2010 by 26% compared to 2009.|
|Source / Link||http://www.tursib.ro|